Wednesday 2 October 2013

Let's start



My New Jogging Beginning

My first attempts at jogging were met by my body feeling like it was going to fall apart. Jogging seems as easy as lacing up and taking off on the streets, but here's what I learned to get over the beginner's hump and turn jogging into a habit. 

I was thinking of what to wear and what is the best sport shoes and the right attire.
In my mind, Adidas, Reebok, Stella McCartney whatever designers came about. I didnt like to jog on the treadmill as I cannot focus and imagine the real scenery and breathe well. Now I need to call up my retail friends for some discounts on merchandise,. 

Location an time are also important factor to look at. I found a good spot to jog, Lower Seletar Reservoir. Few friends just love to scare me that that place has many incredible tales to ponder during night time. As far as I know, I say my prayers and let my mind flow. I came across many lovebirds mating in their cars. Indeed it was a nice view in the evening, but in the morning it will be much more refreshing. 



Some people can probably go out for a jog whenever they have the free time, but I'm a person of habit and had to pick a time I knew I would stick to on a regular basis. We've pointed out before that a schedule helps you stick with an exercise routine and it's certainly the case for me. After playing around with mornings, afternoons, and evenings I settled on an early evening time: 6:30 pm. This works for my schedule 100 percent of the time, easily transfers into other seasons, and captures daylight most of the year.

I will try to keep up and increase my stamina after all I have quickly kick my smoking habit. Who knows this will be my new beginning.  Exercise can give you more energy, put you in a better mood, help you feel healthier and stronger, relieve stress, and aid in increasing your self-image and self-confidence. Exercise such as jogging increases the blood circulation in the body, which in turn releases endorphins. Doesn't mean I deprived from sex, I should not feel happy. Many things make me happy now. 

Importantly my children, my well being and my assets. I can keep it under control. I thank the Almighty for making ways and guide me as a single mum. 





2 comments:

  1. This is great advice. Thanks for building this blog. I struggle with finding the right time and place to exercise, especially in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenna. I do love reading your blogs. Many interesting ways of healthy lifestyle to learn. I'm new to blogging.

    ReplyDelete